The following donations were recommended by Kenilworth Lions’ Community Services Committee and agreed unanimously by Lions’ members at the June club meeting:
- A donation of £300 was agreed for local charity Bee Friendly which provides seeds for schools to grow suitable plants to attract bees.
- A grant of £600 was made to Kenilworth Wardens Junior Football Club for kit sponsorship
- A similar grant of £600 was made to Leek Wootton Football Club Under-8 team for kit sponsorship.
- The Warwickshire charity, Childhood Cancer Support, was awarded £1,000 to help fund day trips for affected children
- A further pledge of £2,000 was made to Myton Hospice, to be paid in September
- At the request of the Bazaar team at the Kenilworth Lions Furniture Store, donations of £500 each have been made to Flourish, a charity that offers one-to-one mentoring and group course programmes for girls from all walks of life, who are dealing with anxiety, pressures, low self-esteem and other issues, and to Warwickshire Vision, which has been supporting visually impaired people in the local community for over a century
- Furniture Store vouchers amounting to £2,800 in value were awarded to ten, mainly Ukrainian, families.
- A total of £5,500 has been donated or pledged this month, excluding the vouchers
June marks the end of the Lions’ year, and we are proud and delighted to report that over £95,000 has been awarded to needy causes during the year 2022-23, a record amount in the 54 year history of Kenilworth Lions Club.