The following donations were recommended by Kenilworth Lions’ Community Services Committee and agreed unanimously by Lions’ members at the July club meeting:
- A donation of £500 was agreed for the Kids Cancer Charity which will provide a respite break ring-fenced for an affected Kenilworth family.
- A grant of £1,000 was made to Carriers of Hope, a Coventry charity that provides services to vulnerable asylum seekers and refugees, including those in the Riverside Hotel, Kenilworth.
- Compassionate Kenilworth was awarded £1,200 to support the continuance of the successful Tech Café project.
- Furniture Store vouchers amounting to £600 in value were awarded to two families moving to social housing.
- A total of £2,700 has been donated or pledged this month, excluding the vouchers.