Furniture Store and Bazaar
We are looking for second-hand and restored furniture, white goods, small household items and bric-a-brac. Our Store relies on donations of unwanted furniture in saleable condition, which we then offer at affordable prices to the local community. The Store is staffed entirely by volunteers, both Lions members their partners and others.
Do you have furniture or items that you no longer require but would like to see go to good use? They may be perfect for us to sell on or, where there is a need, donate.
All proceeds from sales go towards supporting the many local, national and international causes we are approached by to provide assistance, both financially and practicably.
If you have something to donate please take a look at our guidelines below to check that it is appropriate, then complete our furniture donation form or ring to discuss and agree a collection or drop off day/time.
We are happy to discuss full or partial house clearances but would like to conduct a home visit to assess fully what is required before committing ourselves. We need to consider the amount of work involved, storage capacity and availability of our volunteer van crews at a time convenient for all. Please note that short notice periods are usually difficult to accommodate.
We would prefer to only take furniture and other items we feel that we can realistically sell. It is to be noted we are very limited as to what the local Authorities allow us to dispose of free of charge. In the event that you would prefer us to also take items that we feel cannot be sold on we would be happy to discuss a suitable donation to allow us to assist you.
As stated, we are only really in a position to take furniture and other items that are in re-sellable condition or appropriate for restoration as disposal costs are high and our storage space is very limited.
In order to avoid offence in having your item(s) turned down by us or one of our drivers, please check that the items you wish to donate will match our requirements.
• Good quality furniture
• Old furniture which is restorable (ring or call in to Store to discuss)
• Beds, Sofas & soft furnishings with appropriate fire labels (but see below)
• Clean mattresses with appropriate fire labels
• White goods (must be fully working and clean). Washing Machines preferably disconnected from mains.
• Kitchen utensils
• Hi-Fi’s & DVD players with remotes
• TV’s (must be flat screen style with working remotes)
• Vinyls, CDs & DVDs
• Other items that may be appropriate for resale (ring or call in to Store to discuss)
We cannot take:
• Gas cookers.
• Old Televisions (CRT Tubes).
• Snooker Tables and the like.
• Television Cabinets.
• Electric blankets.
• Garden Tools and Household Tools (We suggest approach TWAM)
• Upholstered furniture (anything with foam) without correct label. This includes, headboards, sofas, chairs, footstools, beanbags, and scatter cushions (All items collected and resold must meet all legal and Trading standards requirements – items must comply with the 1988 or 1993 furniture regulations and carry relevant fire labels).
• Three seater settees’
• Sofa Beds.
• Carpet that must be uplifted.
• Any other item that is broken/severely marked and/or not in a fit condition to be sold.
If in any doubt then please ring us or call in to the Store to discuss.