Furniture Store and Bazaar
John Price House, Farmer Ward Road, Kenilworth, CV8 2DH
Phone number: 01926 864093
DUE TO THE COVID-19 SITUATION THE STORE WILL REMAIN CLOSED FOR THE FOREEABLE FUTURE, AND THERE WILL BE NO VAN DELIVERIES OR COLLECTIONS. NORMAL SERVICE WILL BE RESUMED WHEN IT IS CONSIDERED SAFE TO DO SO.
- Our Store relies on donations of unwanted furniture in saleable condition
- We need second-hand and restored furniture, white goods, small household items and bric-a-brac.
- Donated items are sold on Saturday mornings from 9 am to 12.30 pm at our Farmer Ward Road premises.
- The Store is staffed by Lions, their partners and other volunteers.
- Sales proceeds are utilised to support needy causes and organisations.
- We also support national and international causes.
If you have items to donate please read our guidelines below and then either complete our request form or alternatively, leave a message on our answering machine (telephone number 01926 864093). Lions will contact you to discuss to agree a time for collection. Please be aware that we can only take items we are able to sell so don’t be offended if we have to refuse. Otherwise we have to dispose of unsaleable goods at the Council tip.
Personal data that you provide will only be used by Kenilworth Lions Club for the purpose of collecting and delivering furniture. Any personal data you provide will be destroyed after four weeks by deletion and/or shredding.
Our collection area is Kenilworth and local districts
Leamington Spa Balsall Common South Coventry Stoneleigh
Warwick Burton Green Finham Cubbington
Leek and Hill Wootton Budbrooke Hatton Stareton
Please ask if your location is not listed here.
We are happy to discuss full or partial house clearances after conducting a home visit to assess fully what is involved.
At least two weeks’ notice is necessary to allow time for a home visit and plan collection.
We are able to collect good quality furniture and other saleable items
Quality household items including:
- Dining tables and chairs
- Chests of drawers
- Beds (all sizes)
- Mattresses (unstained)
- Wall units up to 4ft wide
- Wardrobes (assembled)
- Sofas up to 6ft/1.8m
- Coffee tables
- Dressing tables
- Foot stools
- Shelving units
- Mobility scooters
- Disability aids
- Crockery and cutlery
- Mirrors and pictures
Electrical appliances in good working condition including:
- Ovens and cookers
- Fridge freezers
- Washing machines
- Tumble dryers
- Dish washers
- Vacuum cleaners
- HiFi systems
- Televisions (flat screen)
- DVD players
- Kitchen appliances
- Table and floor lamps
- Electrical heaters
Furniture black list – Unfortunately, we are unable to accept:
- Gas appliances – cookers or hobs, gas heaters
- Old television sets with CRT tubes
- Upholstered furniture without Fire safety label *
- Dismantled shelving, wardrobes, desks or wall units
- Settees more than 6ft/1.8m wide or any 3-seater sofas
- Electric blankets, bed linen or duvets
- Television and HiFi cabinets
- Carpets that need lifting
- Household/garden tools (try TWAM – Tools With A Mission)
- Pianos or large organs
- Metal framed sofa beds or futon beds
- CD and DVD racks
- Clothes or curtains
- Snooker tables or table football
- Wall units wider than 4ft/1.2m
- Mattresses if dirty or stained
- Office furniture incl filing cabinets
- Exercise bikes
- Books, cassettes or video tapes
- Corner display units
- Broken, severely marked, stained items not in a condition to be sold
* Fire safety label: This includes any foam-containing item – headboards, sofas, chairs, footstools, beanbags and scatter cushions. (All items collected must meet Trading Standards requirements)