Date: 26th December.
Time: 12:00 noon.
Location: From the Ford in Kenilworth to Abbey Fields.
Every Boxing day an unusual ritual takes place starting at the Ford in Kenilworth. At noon, after the events at the Castle, the Town Mayor helps to launch 1,500 defenceless little ducklings into Finham Brook. After a bracing swim of 200 metres the ducks cross the finishing line in the Town’s Abbey Fields. The first four finishers capture prizes of £100, £75, £50 and £25 respectively. This annual event has been running for over twenty five years and now attracts thousands of visitors, from far and wide. The race has featured on BBC Radio 2, the Guardian, the Times and of course in the Kenilworth Weekly News. Over the years we have raised over £80,000 to help those in need. All the ducks have numbers painted on their little botties and the raffle tickets come in various colours, with prices for each colour.
This is a great way to work off your Christmas meal and to take part by buying tickets at £1, with a chance to win and help others at the same time by supporting our Lions Charity.
Where to buy tickets?
- Kenilworth Lions Furniture Store, Farmer Ward Road
- Angels Boutique, High Street
- Steve Crowe Butchers, Whitemoor Road
- Bakers Dozen, Leyes Lane
- Gentry (Barbers), Station Road
- Kenilworth Bookshop, Talisman Square
- Leyes Lane Pharmacy, Leyes Lane
- Coventry Building Society, Warwick Road
- The Kenilworth Centre, Abbey End Car Park
- Waverley Day Centre, Waverley Road
- The Virgins and Castle, High Street
- The Tiltyard, Leyes Lane
- The Engine, Mill End
- The Gauntlet, Caesar Road
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE DUCK RACE, FOLLOW THE LINK TO OUR NEWS PAGES http://kenilworthlionsclub.co.uk/latest-news/