Date: 26th December.
Time: 12:00 noon.
Location: From the Ford in Kenilworth to Abbey Fields.
Every Boxing day an unusual ritual takes place starting at the Ford in Kenilworth. At noon, after the events at the Castle, the Town Mayor helps to launch 1,500 defenceless little ducklings into Finham Brook. After a bracing swim of 200 metres the ducks cross the finishing line in the Town’s Abbey Fields. The first four finishers capture prizes of £100, £75, £50 and £25 respectively. This annual event has been running for over twenty five years and now attracts thousands of visitors, from far and wide. The race has featured on BBC Radio 2, the Guardian, the Times and of course in the Kenilworth Weekly News. Over the years we have raised over £80,000 to help those in need. All the ducks have numbers painted on their little botties and the raffle tickets come in various colours, with prices for each colour.
This is a great way to work off your Christmas meal and to take part by buying tickets at £1, with a chance to win and help others at the same time by supporting our Lions Charity.
Where to buy tickets?
- Angels Boutique, Old High Street
- Post Office, Old High Street
- Tree House Bookshop, Warwick Road
- Steve Crowe Butchers, Whitemoor Road
- Bakers Dozen, Leyes Lane
- Gentry (Barbers), Station Road
- Leyes Lane Pharmacy, Leyes Lane
- Coventry Building Society, Warwick Road
- Waverley Day Centre, Waverley Road
- The Virgins and Castle, Old High Street
- Wyandotte, Albion Street
- Engine, Mill End
- The Gauntlet, Caesar Road
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE DUCK RACE, FOLLOW THE LINK TO OUR NEWS PAGES http://kenilworthlionsclub.co.uk/latest-news/